Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WEDNESDAY-Stonehenge

We had the best morning yet, getting going early and enjoying the best full english breakfast I've had so far. London FEB is a load of bollocks, if you ask me.




Behind the Bath Abbey, we hopped our tour bus for the Salisbury plains, bound for Stonehenge! I've wanted to see Stonehenge all my life and honestly didn't know if I ever would. You can't walk among the stones, if you're wondering, but there's a nice audio tour as you make your way around the outside.


As i took it all in, it was very humbling and amazing. Here were these giant stones of intricate design that people got into place with only handtools and stone age technologies. We have a pretty good idea they work like a calendar and that festivals were held here, but we don't know much more. It's pretty awesome to be that close to something that is simultaneously very real and very mysterious. That's a rarity in my world and a true delight.



2 comments:

  1. your blogs are getting shorter. I hope that means you're starting to have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a good time! I didn't write much about Stonehenge as it's so done to death on history programs, etc. It was really amazing though.

    ReplyDelete